Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My President's Black. How About Yours?

*Takes in deep breath with head held up high*


How are my proud Peoples doing today? I hope no one acted a fool this afternoon. Barack is our 1st ever black President, that doesn’t give us a reason to act a donkey out in the streets. Now who showed up at work before the doors open ready to rag on the McCain/Palin supports…erm…I mean ready to work extra hard for that check? Who held their head up high at all the salty crackers and the snooty yt people while walking down the street?

I'll be honest, I had my mind set on not going to class if Obama won, but I decided to drive down to that school and work hard damnit! Especially in the classes where I KNOW the teachers voted for McCain. I paid attention, answered questions and showed up to my classes earlier to look at the teachers dead in the eye throughout the whole hour and 30 minutes! But other than that, today just felt like a regular day. I guess I won’t start feeling the effects until January, when Bush is completely out and Obama is officially in. How was today for you? A regular day? A “fresh start”? Or did you even go to work?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to school thinking everybody was gonna be hyped up but it was boring. My government professor talked about the elections the whole time but in a boring, numbers only type of way.

And about the McCain supporters, I left them alone lol. My best friend, on the other hand...omg I think he was goin around giving stank looks to everybody who wasn't happy about Obama winning. He's gay so his stank looks are wayyyy worse than any girl's lol.

But yea the day was much more calm than I had expected. I think you're right, it will start feeling different in January.

Raider_wifee said...

Whew chile.. I went to work on time but sick and with a champizzle hangover so I left work after two hours to go and lay down, but the yt folks at the job must've known I was out celebrating last night because they just snickered and let me go... but the last snicker was mine! Obama!!!