Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Graffiti" Snippets

C's in da house! I say C's in da hou-o-ow-o In ya Moooout!










Wassup blog world, I'm back. Although people might have never realized I left in the first place... I've just been busy with college and paper after paper after paper.




*sigh*




Today for my comeback post I decide to put up snippets that leaked for Chris "Bajan Beater" Brown's upcoming album "Graffiti".




1. I Can Transform Ya ft. Lil Wayne

2. Sing Like Me
3. Crawl
4. So Cold
5. What I Do ft. Plies
6. Famous Girl
7. Take My Time ft. Tank
8. I.Y.A. (In Your Arms)
9. Pass Out ft. Eva Simons
10. Wait ft. Trey Songz & Game
11. Lucky Me
12. Fallin' Down
13. I'll Go
14. Girlfriend ft. Lupe Fiasco
15. Gotta Be Ur Man
16. For Ur Love
17. I Need This
18. I Love U
19. Brown Skin Girl ft. Sean Paul
20. Chase Our Love



Sounds like he's taken a turn to a bit more Techno and Pop-ish songs and more autotune. (That note near the end in "Crawl" and that crap after the chorus in "I.Y.A"). I'm not an expert on music and I'm not gonna act like I am, so I'll just give my personal opinions on the songs



1. I Can Transform Ya - This is just plain hot.
2. Sing Like Me - Another hot track and my fav on the album. Also my new theme song.
3. Crawl - It's a good choice for a second single. Make 'em dance with "ICTY" then make 'em cry and feel your pain with "Crawl". Sorta like the "Yeah!"-"Burn" combo.
4. So Cold AKA Plea To Rihanna - This is just meah to me. I heard the full song and hate that he's using auto-tune to sing the high notes. This is meah to me.
5. What I Do - I'll pass on this.
6. Famous Girl - Sound like Pharrell had something to do with this and I ain't mad. Sounds hot and so far I like it. One of the best on the album.
7. Take My Time - I can get with this. Can't wait to hear what Tank does for this song.
8. I.Y.A. - NO!
9. Pass Out - Nope. This is Just "Forever pt. 2". You can hear the leftover beat.
10. Wait - Eeeeh. I might like it more when it leaks in full w/ Trey Songz.
11. Lucky Me - Sounds like something young Usher would've done.
12. Fallin' Down - Seems cool.
13. I'll Go - Look at CB growing in his music
14. Girlfriend - ...I take my last statement back. You are NOT a 'teen no more!
15. Gotta Be Ur Man - They could've left this off.
16. For Ur Love - Ok, now they're just adding fillers.
17. I Need This - Kill me, but I think I like this.
18. I Love U - I like this too. Missing something though.
19. Brown Skin Girl - Jamacian accent proper. Sean Paul hopefully adds something to this.
20. Chase Our Love - Finally it ends... and not on a good note.




To me, the album is aiite. Sure as hell not better than Exclusive or his debut album but good enough to sustain the local stans. He's growing a bit musically but then takes two steps back with songs like "Girlfriend" (smh) His voice has gotten better, but he's using auto-tunne to hit the note that he can't get to and you can really tell in some of these songs. Overall I give it a C-. He would've gotten a "C+" but that damn album cover... (SMDH)



It's better than "Rated R" I'll say. I heard the snippets from her album and it just flat out sucked. The only good song on there seems to be "Hard".



What do you think? Will this album shoot Chris' fame to higher heights? Will the stans bumrush old ladies in the mall to get this fresh off the shelf? Will some people show up with picket sign and try to stop the album from selling? Speak on it.



0 comments: