Monday, November 23, 2009

Award Show: American Music Awards

The AMA was nothing special this year besides a few good performances, "WTF" moments, some people I never heard of winning the awards (Da fuck is a Gloriana?), and that Taylor Swift grl winning awards out of sympathy. Yep, that's what I'm calling it. With that, I'll skip right on to the performances.


Mary J. Blige Queen of Hip-Hop/R&B Soul (her official name) - "I Am"




What is there to be said about Mary that hasn't already been said over the years? Great singer, performer and overall artist.

You Know you wrong For...: Actually, I can't find nuthing wrong with Mary on this performance or song. If I did my ma would be right here ready with the backhand of life.

Why We Love Mary: How can you NOT (have) love for Mary? Sure, she has times when she sounds "off" on stage, but she can still sing better than the bishes in the music game now. Plus, we've chalked that up to her "emotion" and "passion". And she straight murks the stage too, given the right song.



That face and squal at the end (3:28) = CLASSIC MARY!

Sidenote: Her and Perez Hilton had the same hair style.



Alicia Keys - "Try Sleeping With a Married Man Broken Heart"



This song has grown on me. Is it me or has her voice changed over the years? But I see you Alicia, trying to do the coochie-crank Tootsie Roll dance.

You Know you wrong For...: Stealing Ciara's "Promise" background and dancers. And what the hell was up with the flying piano? Where they do that at? [*A.Red]

Why We Love Alicia: Because we still hold on to hope that she'll go back to making songs like this







Lady GaGa - Bad Romance / Speechless



GaGa Addams shut her set DOWN. Setting shit on fire and slitting her wrist with all the broken glass, but in a good, entertaining way. Yall catch the look on her face at the end? She's aint playin' with them bubble gum-pop hoes.

You Know You Wrong For...: Making your costume look like you got a dang-lang.

Why We Love GaGa: The bish can sing and dance all LIVE! Her music ain't bad either. She's the good kind of different without trying too hard (side-eye at Rihanna)



Ms Jackson! (I'm nasty today) - Medley of hits



Janet proved why she was and still is a strong force in this business. Putting them young girls to shame like that. Get 'em Janet! I smell more number 1's with her moving back to A&M Records.

You Know You Wrong For...: Nothing was wrong, IMO.

Why We Love Janet: I don't even have to go through this. She's music royalty to me.

Sidenote: JJ and Ciara need to do a song and/or dance video in the new year.



Flyy Girl Ambition Jennifer Lopez - "Louboutons"




A boxing ring? Ring announcer? More than 2 background dancers? Smoke machine? An entrance? Where she get the budget for all a'this?! I guess she really is trying to make a comeback. The song is alright for them girls who like to make catchphrases out of things. You know...

LaQuania: "I threw on my Louboutons and walked out that damn do'!"

Sha-Tonka: "That bitch tried me so I threw on my Louboutons and stomped the shiz-it outta ha' ass!"

Yea, them girls.

You Know You Wrong For... Stealing Lady GaGa's dress-thingy from the "Paparazzi" video

Why We Love J.Lo: Like it or not, she ruled the game at one point, Late 90's to early 00's to be more exact. We liked her songs don't lie. "If You Had My Love"? "All I Have"? Yea...

Sidenote: Yall see her bust her ass?! LMAO. I know she was thanking the Lawd that she got enough coushion to bounce right back up and finish the performance. The whole set was nice though and she recovered well. Got to give her props for that.



Whitney Houston - "Didn't Know My Own Strength"



Nippy sho' can talk a song, eh? She did aiite, though. Seems like her voice is trying to find its way back through all the weed and crack. Don't yall look at me like that...

You Know You Wrong For...: Not fixing your daughters gap! You can see plain as day she got 'Bob-Bay's' teeth. She cute and all but damn...

Why We Love Nippy: Before her and Bobby had Something In Common (dat crack) She was the shit! The Voice! We still remember all the good times we had with Whitney. Preacher's Wife, Waiting To Exhale, "I Will Always Love You" and all that.


Now on to the other performance... (sighs)


Rihanna - The Wait Is Ova / Hard

Don't make me do this...

You Know You Wrong For...: Thinking you could sing live.

Why YALL Love Rihanna?: I wanna know. Tell me.

Shakira - Noooooo!

GaGa in drag Adam Lambert - Da hell was all that? Why he push some dude in his peen area. None of them male background dancers had better not been black.

Timbaland - Is it too hard to find a jacket that fits? Look like he wearing something out of Burlington's Kids Section.

Eminem - I missed it.

Overall it was pretty suckish. 50 Cent's singing was better than Rihanna's. GaGa was screwed out of her wins (what is a Gloriana?), and Taylor Swift won only b/c Kanye shut her ass down at the MTV awards (I said it!). How that lil white girl beat MJ and GaGa's fool ass?!

Look for my Janet Tribute to start tomorrow. I'm done today.

0 comments: